w6r3 - ran for 30 minutes!!!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Toadie

w6r3 - ran for 30 minutes!!!

Post by Toadie »

Ahh so I think it was probably because I was going at such a snail's pace (4.03 miles per hour, apparently... hmmm) but when the app told me I just had one minute left to go of the 25, I thought 'Oh, I was just getting into this!' and thought I'd keep running after the app told me to stop just to see how long I could go for. And I sped up a bit, too. And then before I knew it, it was the end of the cool down time! I feel fantastic, and so pleased to have got this far after having to repeat weeks etc. I think next time I will try to just run for 25 minutes but pick up the pace. I know everyone says this, but I really can't believe that less than two months ago I could barely run for one minute, and this morning I ran for half an hour on a beautiful, crisp autumn day. Such a wonderful feeling.
Timl2k10

Re: w6r3 - ran for 30 minutes!!!

Post by Timl2k10 »

That's awesome. There is nothing like finding a good rhythm. My body, I think, is still finding it a little stressful to run at over 30 pounds overweight, but I have run in the past and I think it's just a matter if getting that muscle memory back.
Your body does learn over time how to run better and it gets easier doesn't it? Great effort!
Toadie

Post by Toadie »

Thanks! It has got so much easier. I think the factors working in my favour are that I don't happen to have much weight to lose, it was a cold day so I wasn't getting overheated, and I already do quite a lot of walking so it just felt like once I'd learned how running feels, and how to keep that rhythm going, I could pretty much have kept going forever. (I'm sure I actually couldn't have - but that was how it felt!) And at the pace of a snail! Next time I will try to run a bit faster for a shorter time and work on maintaining that pace - better than going at pretty much walking pace.

I'm completely in love with running and I never thought I'd be able to say that.
Dixie

Post by Dixie »

Yay! Well done Toadie! :D
saintmiko69

Post by saintmiko69 »

Well done Toadie bet you were on cloud nine all day! Feels great dosn't it keep it all up.
Toadie

Post by Toadie »

Thanks, it felt totally amazing! Back on the 25 minutes tomorrow though, I want to complete the programme properly and steadily, not in fits and starts. Can't wait!
Timl2k10

Post by Timl2k10 »

Hmm... My W6R2 went very well, I might just try to copy your feat! :P
Timl2k10

Post by Timl2k10 »

Well, instead of trying to go for 30 minutes I decided to work on my pace. So I didn't run for 30 minutes but I knocked a minute off my pace! (down to 13:10). And it felt great!