New and desperately unfit hello and diary :)

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
LinP

Re: New and desperately unfit hello and diary :)

Post by LinP »

I'm a very happy bunny! I skipped W2R3 and did the first week 3 run instead.

I did do an extra run on my last run and really didnt struggle so I felt like a probably could so it and also you had smashed it too and that spurred me on a bit.

It was ok. Not easy but not a ball buster either. Id done some more on my last run and I stacked another minute onto this last 3m run today.

I think i seem to find the first run of each new stage easier and then it gets harder lol. I have always been a bit upside down lol. Guess that means its a mental thing?

Anyway, go you! We are doing well. I still couldn't contemplate a 20 min run and am dreading that but small steps and all that.... Oh and it was raining, I've decided I like running in the rain. :)

Have a good day Caz x
LinP

Post by LinP »

Well that was harder. I managed the runs but the second 3 min run did feel like a trial. I went to bed last night at 7pm and slept Til 7am because I have sinusitis. Feel like crap. Rest days now until Monday. Hope you're feeling better than me Caz!
Cazrich42

Post by Cazrich42 »

Sorry to hear you're feeling crap! It always comes at the wrong time and does you over! Well done for persevering :D
Now, you ARE ahead of me. I am really struggling to get up so early in the mornings, but it's in the head as much as the body. I am having a battle with my boss at work which is really stressful and affecting my sleep, so when the alarm goes off I feel like death!!
You seem to be going from strength to strength. I am made of tough stuff and wont let it beat me, but I need to make the pledge to not let the stress get in the way of what will eventually be my saviour !!!
Keep going Lin, you are doing soooo well.
LinP

Post by LinP »

I think you're doing amazingly well. I couldn't do the early mornings at all.

Stress at work, especially caused by a savage of a boss is really draining. I'm not surprised you've found it hard.

This is for you though so don't let the b******s get you down :)

Here's to progress this week. I've pulled my back but it doesn't hurt when I'm upright so I decided that running shouldn't be a problem. Hope I'm right.

Take care Caz
Toadie

Post by Toadie »

Well done guys, amazing progress! xx
LinP

Post by LinP »

Thanks Toadie :)

I've just done W3R3 about 20 mins ago. It felt a bit tough to be honest. I have a terrible cold (sinusitis too) and I pulled my back badly on Saturday collecting leaves in the garden. I hadn't run since Friday. The second 3 min run was easier than the first and I added an extra minute to it because I thought it might help prep me for the 5 minute run in store next time but my lungs were screaming.. I hope it's just the cold I have and not some unspoken limit that my body has. I completed it but I'm glad it's done! Oh and I didn't have any trouble from my very sore back all the time I was running :)

Good luck all xx
LinP

Post by LinP »

Right well I needed to get back to running on my child free days so i did W4R1 just now.

I am so so chuffed with myself. I dreaded doing it because 3 min runs really felt like a long time yesterday and here I was about to do 2 of those plus 2 5 min ones. I just told my self that if I didn't do it I'd have to tell hubby that I had wussed out (he challenged me to get to 4 weeks) and my friend is a keen runner and on the last 5 min run I played her voice over and over in my head saying she would pay good money to see me run! My couch potatoedness (is that a word lol) is legendary. I have been known to drive to a shop further away so I don't have to walk to a nearer one :- o.

Anyway it's done. The first two runs were hardest and by the last one I was knackered an soaked (sorry tmi!) but strangely in some kind of rhythm.

I can't see me skipping any runs from now on in though!

How you doing Caz hun? Xx
LinP

Post by LinP »

Hey all :)

Well yesterday I did W4R2.

I would say that the run itself was a tiny bit easier than the last but only a little. I started to feel a little of what I think must be shin splints maybe? It was only mild though. Then the mild stitch started and got worse until during the last 5 min run I was in real pain. It felt like I'd been kicked and hard. I was clutching my side and im embarrassed to say, whimpering on the out breath!

When the run stopped I couldn't even walk and slumped on a bench. It passed quickly but it's left me dreading that happening again.

Ill have 2 rest days now so we'll see. Hope you're all well and the running is going good!

Lin
LinP

Post by LinP »

W4R3

Just did this run this morning. It was ok thank God.

I didnt get that stitch. The air was much milder today though and I read that breathing in cold air can cause it so maybe that's why. Who knows.

The run was a challenge slightly easier than the last maybe. Not a huge amount though and that makes me nervous about the runs to come. I think the next run will be ok (3 x 5 mins) but the longer runs are only around the corner and I'm not even slightly sure I have it in me yet to complete them.

A word about my shoes. They really are incredibly comfortable. I have awful flat feet but I read here that the gait analysis was a good idea and I did that before I did any running at all. Got some Brookes ones and very happy. I can feel my joints in a way I couldn't before. I guess they're moving and changing a bit. They do feel looser and throb a bit! They've held up so far though.

Hope alls well with Caz and any other c25k runners.

Lin
LinP

Post by LinP »

Hey all :)

Today was W5R1. It was snowing this morning and 1*C and i did the whole shall I shan't I thing but suddenly the snow stopped so off I went.

This was 3 x 5 minute runs. The first 5 min run felt really fine and natural. I was almost (only almost!) irritated at being told to stop and walk. The second run was ok but I definitely needed that break and by the end I was more than ready to stop. I recovered quickly though. I wasnt tired by the time I got home and I've felt great all day. I'm drop down tired now but it's 8pm and been a long day.

Next is 2 x 8 minutes. I have no idea how that will go. I suspect I will manage the first 8 but the second? It feels from here like a step too far right now. As for the 20 mins after that... As someone else said on here. It feels like some find of sick joke. It really does. I feel like that's just ludicrous at this stage. Very worried about that.

Lin