New and desperately unfit hello and diary :)

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
LinP

Re: New and desperately unfit hello and diary :)

Post by LinP »

Go for it Frankie :)

I read somewhere that when you've been fit before its that bit easier to get some fitness back than if youre doing it for the first time. Enjoy the plan Frankie and I wish you all the very best xx
Frankie

Post by Frankie »

Thank you for the encouragement!
I have just completed W1R2 and booked another snowboarding week at half term! So hoping to see an improvement in my fitness in 4 weeks time.
Carpe Diem! Good luck everyone! Frankie
jennl76

Post by jennl76 »

Hi Lin,
I just completed w1r1, but I did it at the gym on the treadmill as there is wayyyy too much snow out to do it outside. It was hard but I did it, I think I may have had the speed too high as my ankles & shins were screaming. I'm going to keep at it though. I have read all your posts & I think what you have accomplished is great.
Frankie

Post by Frankie »

Hi Jen!
I think you are wise to use the treadmill if roads are icy. I may have to do the same as we are on red alert over the next few days.
I found W1R2 easier than R1, because I managed to breathe better. I just hope I can complete the next one. Good luck!
Frankie
LinP

Post by LinP »

Hey Jen and Frankie :)

I've also just tried a treadmill. I joined a gym so that I can do some classes and yoga to complement the running. I had to do the induction so while I was there I used the treadmill and it was fine. Ill use it when I can't get out because of snow (its supposed to be coming tonight!) remember to set an incline of 1% so it's closer to road running.

Slow the machine down so that you're running not walking but so that its manageable.

I kept reminding myself while on c25k, it's not about speed, it's about keeping on running for the time given and it doesn't matter one bit how long it takes. Speed will come in time. Well done ladies you rock!! Xx
Frankie

Post by Frankie »

Well, to my shame, fellow runners, I bailed out. I won't give you a litany of excuses. I spent a week snowboarding every day February half term week, went for a few long walks, biked 10 miles last Sunday and today thought: 'hey, snow is back with us! Last time it snowed, I was out running on this brilliant ap'' and before you could say Pavlov, off I went trotting! I have just completed W2R1 really easily and feel really good. So hopefully, onwards from now on! I have a trip to Australia to look forward to in July, visiting family and staying near a beach so hoping to run on seashore! So I have a goal! I feel better for starting over. Good luck everyone! Frankie
Frankie

Post by Frankie »

I have just completed Week 3 Run 1, a bit out of breath, face as red as a beetroot but I did it! I think I am feeling the runner's rush! ;) Frankie