Week 7 sore knee - tips?

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Romischneider

Week 7 sore knee - tips?

Post by Romischneider »

Hi I have been so grateful for this app I can't believe I can run 25 mins being the most unsporty person in the world, I didn't think it was possible :D

My knees have played up a little all the way through but I have always managed the runs after resting for a couple of days in between. This time after the 25 min run I don't know if I'm going to manage to run tomorrow, which is my 2nd Wk 7 run.

I really don't want to have to stop so does anyone have any great tips for supporting the knees or which shoes are best to buy that would help/solve the problem, bearing in mind I don't want to have to spend a packet as that was one of my reasons for taking up running. I've even bought a cheap second hand running machine so that I can carry on in all weathers!

I would be really grateful to anyone who has maybe experienced something similar to share their knowledge with me!

Thanks for the great programme!
Timl2k10

Re: Week 7 sore knee - tips?

Post by Timl2k10 »

Having had knee problems myself, my first question would be, how fast are you running? This could be a sign that you need to slow down. Second how old are your shoes? It could be time for a new pair, perhaps a pair that better matches your biomechanics. Also are you running on concrete? Concrete can be pretty unforgiving, asphalt is softer, I tend to avoid running on concrete sidewalks at all costs.