Feel like poo :(

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Boperella

Feel like poo :(

Post by Boperella »

Bleugh.

Just finished week 4. Run 1 was ok, run 2 (through flash floods and associated downpour) was great! Run 3- terrible! Everything played up; asthma, legs, mental strength. Managed it but I was barely moving forward. Really worried about week 5 now.

Don't know if it was because I ran in the morning when normally I run in the evening or what but that was really horrible.

Any advice? Would really appreciate it. Thanks x
LittleT

Re: Feel like poo :(

Post by LittleT »

Sorry to hear that, I had also good days and bad days - I think it happens to everyone!

There are so many things that can have an impact on it, weather, what you've eaten the day before or prior to the run, your water intake... I've notice if I have a banana 30 minutes before and lots of water just before it helps a lot. I used to have a yoghurt just before but read somewhere that one shouldn't have protein prior to running... Not sure if it makes sense to you or if you're already doing this, but it helped me!

Good luck with week 5!
LinP

Post by LinP »

I'm not as far along as you (W3R2) but I've had good and less good runs.

You had already smashed w4 so you know it's not that. I'm sure it was just one of those days where things didnt stack up together. I've read that on here a lot and I'm prepared for it to happen to me too (plenty probably).

You're doing so well so don't let this get to you.
Boperella

Post by Boperella »

Thanks for the support guys! It really helped to get me out of the door last night. And I'm pleased to report W5R1 went well!!

Hope your both still going strong! X
LittleT

Post by LittleT »

Great to hear it went well! You're doing great :)
LinP

Post by LinP »

Brilliant! Yay for you hun. You must be pleased. It's funny how you can have a really rough run and then the next run may be longer but it's still ok. I guess lots of things influence it. Not just our real abilities.

Keep going you're doing so well.

Lin x
TheDogAteMyName

Post by TheDogAteMyName »

I have anemia so I have a lot of runs that could go better. I think LittleT's advice is spot on. A lot of things are a factor with a good run. Did you sleep well, eat well, etc... Mine is the weather! If it's sunny, I can conquer the world. If it's gray, I have to convince myself that I can do it.

Good luck!