Disappointed as thought this app had music built in!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
sasharroberts76

Disappointed as thought this app had music built in!

Post by sasharroberts76 »

Anyone know if you can change the settings to include music. I'm using a Samsung galaxy s2 and haven't gotten around to uploading any music yet and thought this had music built in. If you have Ty upload your own music how the heck do you do it?! Thanks for any advice!
matt

Re: Disappointed as thought this app had music built in!

Post by matt »

Hi Sasha,

I know I've already replied to your support email, but I figured I should answer here too, just in case anyone else comes to the forum with the same question :) It's a pretty frequent question!

Get Running on Android (and iPhone) is designed to work with the existing music player or other apps on your phone. Just fire up your music the way you normally would -- in the Music app, in Spotify, whatever -- before you kick off Get Running, and the music will carry on just fine, with Get Running playing its instructions alongside the music.

You can also exit Get Running and fire up your music player to change tracks, choose a different playlist, etc., while Get Running is in the middle of a run. Go back into Get Running and you'll find the timer has carried on in the "background" and is still marking off the minutes just fine.

Regards,

Matt
Matt. Splendid Things web guy and Android developer. Started running with Get Running in 2009. Three 10Ks and six half-marathons done since then :)