Getting there W3r1

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Nicola1

Getting there W3r1

Post by Nicola1 »

Today was supposed to be a rest day and I was supposed to run on Saturday, but work was getting in the way as I am working 13hr day on Saturday, and didn't fancy started week3 runs after that shift!!
Anyhow I decided to bite the bullett as I have been dreading the jump up to 3mins, drove to my running spot only to discover I had left my ear pieces at home... Could I do the 3mins with my lovely friend coaching me on? I seriously considered driving back home again and calling it a day and even brought in the excuse of its snowing to justify turning around ( even though it wasn't sticking) but I decided I would for the run with my watch instead
Wasn't happy mind, no music, no motivation prompts, I remembered it was 2x 1.5mins to begin with, which wasn't too bad, then I started the 3min run, went a little slower as not to burn myself out and was surprised when I finished it, on to my next 3min run and wasn't even put of by the fact that part of it was up a slope, just kept head down and concentrated on my breathing and not the hill infront of me and managed it without stopping, :-) the last 3min run was harder and towards the end my legs felt like concrete but I managed to complete it without stopping.. Just
Got back to the car only to discover that I was only supposed to do 2 runs of 3 and not 3!! So even more chuffed with myself and now not dreading W3r2 as much although I did miss running with my friend encouraging me in my ear
Good luck to all you others, if we follow the plan I'm sure we'll get there