My first failed attempt!!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Fit for 2013

My first failed attempt!!

Post by Fit for 2013 »

So today I started week four and I could not finish my last two minutes! I am running a 5.0. I am not sure if that was just too fast? Feeling a little discouraged. Hoping the next one will go better!
starknut

Re: My first failed attempt!!

Post by starknut »

It's really important to pay attention to the signals your body is sending: slow down before you get to a point where you're really struggling, because it makes a huge difference! The goal is to finish the runs. It doesn't matter if you're at a snail's pace by the end, just keep moving. I think you'll do better next run, just because now you know what to expect and you can throttle your pace a bit to make it through. :)
Fit for 2013

Post by Fit for 2013 »

Well thank you. I will take your advice and slow down. I see all the runners at the club. Maybe I am too focused on my speed needing to be higher. I am on a rest day today. Hope my next post is a positive story :)!!
Fit for 2013

Post by Fit for 2013 »

Well I am back to say I made it. But it wasn't easy!!! I think I may repeat this week so I can feel a little stronger before I go on to week 5. The last five minutes of my runs are killing me right now. I did slow my pace, and that is how I completed my run.
starknut

Post by starknut »

Well done! :D
Lauraeliza30

Post by Lauraeliza30 »

Slow down! I, too, notice the speed of others and feel discouraged. Those people whose speed is faster have probably been running for years! Speed will come as you keep at it. For now, slow down the pace a little!