Going to start today-- nervous.

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Peege

Going to start today-- nervous.

Post by Peege »

I'm 44, fair condition, watch my kids at all their athletic activities, and want that Back! A friend (she'll be coming from out of town) and I are doing a 5k the end of March (guess I should Sign up!) and i need guidance and support. Hope this app helps. Nervous because I usually have great ideas, but am so busy, they do not stay my priority, I lose steam in that idea, and it falls by the wayside. I KNOW I need to get active. Anybody else out there like me??
Peege

Re: Going to start today-- nervous.

Post by Peege »

I'm going to put on shoes and start Right Now.
Simongeorge

Re: Going to start today-- nervous.

Post by Simongeorge »

How did it go? I like you was a fairly active 42, but too busy to exercise, I found though I was able to force myself for
just the 30 minutes or so of each run. I completed the programme last summer, but without the motivation of making the next step, I soon found I was again 'too busy to run', until my new years resolution was to run again and I'm back to wk7 and enjoying running even more than before. Watching the weighing scales going down and my times improving is a great motivator. Last time, the greatest help were my virtual running buddies, there were I few of us on here on the same week and we were able to share our pains and triumphs, also nobody wanted to miss runs and drop out of the group.