Week 5 run 3 - DONE!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
NikkiNewy

Re: Week 5 run 3 - DONE!

Post by NikkiNewy »

louloubelle, if you're really struggling you can repeat runs before you move on to the 20 minutes. I was going to do that but my partner convinced me to forge ahead. You really can do it! Your body just gets into a rhythm and the interval runs that come afterwards seem harder because you're cooling down in between. If I can do 20 minutes I'm sure you can too. Determination is key. The sense of achievement afterwards is phenomenal. Best of luck to you - please let us know how you get on.
Yvonne2al

Post by Yvonne2al »

I have just done W5R1 ( repeated w4) and I am so excited about run 3 - it will be on Sunday - cannot wait!!! I keep thinking of a nice flat route that I shall choose. My usual route is quite up & down the hill and I think it is not suitable for the 20 mins. We will see - will let you know!
shep

Post by shep »

Well done for finishing Wk 5. I am due to start Wk 5 on Monday (2 days time) and dreading it!! Can't imagine doing 3x5mins. But hoping to manage....we'll see. Fully prepared to repeat wk 4 if needed. Any helpful tips or encouragement?? ;)
NikkiNewy

Post by NikkiNewy »

Shep, just have faith in yourself. Your body can do it, only your mind is holding you back. Imagine the sense of achievement. And music helps.
Yvonne2al

Post by Yvonne2al »

I did it!!!! Cannot believe - never ever in my life i thought i would be running... 20 min.. and im in runners heaven:)
Donz

Post by Donz »

Well done! I'm just starting week 4 I can't imagine that I can do that even!
shep

Post by shep »

I'm due to run Wk 5:3 tomorrow...cant understand the massive jump to running 20 mins in one go. Dreading it, but reading all your comments gives me hope! If I do it it will be amazing! Let you know how it goes ;)
pwolf1958

Post by pwolf1958 »

I did it! It was not easy but as reported here, the first 5 minutes was the toughest. I never thought I would be able to or want to call myself a runner - the Get Runnng app chnaged that. At 54 years old I consider myself a runner! I now look forward to my runs! For the w5r3 run I did not run one of my usual routes - I drove to a nice park area about 5 miles from my home and ran there - the change of scenery helped me to keep going. I also created a special new playlist for the run. Everyone reading this can do it!
shep

Post by shep »

DONE!!! Wk 5 day 3. Just cant believe it. Went out this afternoon after work fully expecting to repeat Day 2 and ran for 20 minutes. How amazing is that? All your encouragement helped, to know that others had done it really helped. Wk 6 here I come. :D
shep

Post by shep »

yeah should have added, music really helps and running in interesting surroundings helps too. I have to run a little away from home so I'm not spotted by students from school...so quiet playing field is my running venue. :D