Week 5 run 3 - DONE!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
NikkiNewy

Re: Week 5 run 3 - DONE!

Post by NikkiNewy »

Well done Shep! You should be feeling very proud of yourself. What an achievement!
shep

Post by shep »

Thanks Nickynewey. Felt really elated, and proud, and getting encouragement from my son who does triathlons and marathons was good. You are from Australia? I guess you have some interesting places to run. This forum is so supportive, really helps to know others are going through the pain and challenge of the runs. Thanks!! :D
NikkiNewy

Post by NikkiNewy »

I'm originally from England, have lived in Australia for nearly 4 years. I generally stick to the same area for my runs - Bar Beach near Newcastle NSW - mostly because it's relatively flat. Newcastle is a runner's paradise - lots of great routes along the foreshore and beaches, and lots of parks. There are also some really good hills which I aim to start tackling after I've graduated from Get Running!

Yesterday (W7R3) I saw a pod of dolphins about 20 metres out to sea!
shep

Post by shep »

Having completed Wk 5 much to my amazement, thought wk 6 would be a doddle! Finding it really hard.... maybe cause the weather has changed and its cold and very windy. Just completed run 2 and now find run 3 is 25 minutes long. Just don't think I am going to manage this. Can anyone help me in my struggles and encourage me that wk 6 run 3 is ok and manageable? Dreading it ... :(