Come say hello!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
rantasam

Come say hello!

Post by rantasam »

Hi all

I thought it might be nice to start a new thread to gather together everyone who is following the program at the moment. Bit of moral support and all that! I'm at the end of week 4 and once I get out of the house I love it. :) I've found the weeks consistently challenging from the very first 1 minuters, but on a couple of runs more recently have managed to find that magic tick-tock rhythm that feels like you could just keep going and going. I'm taking it steady with the rest days and trying not to push things too far too quickly; dodgy knees! I can also see myself developing a bit of a shoe obsession! I went to get my gait analysed and tried a few suggested pairs - wow what a difference it makes!

Anyway if you're reading, posting or lurking say hello and let's see how many people are currently working their way through the weeks.

Dan
Sueb1

Re: Come say hello!

Post by Sueb1 »

Hi Dan
Hello back to you. I was a keen runner a couple of years ago, broke my foot and never started again. For 2 years I thought every day I'd start again but never got going. I found this ap and its given me the running bug again. Admittedly I'm only on week 3 but loving every minute of it so far. I am struggling with it (can't believe I used to find running so easy!!) but I won't give up and know it'll get easier. Good luck with your running
Sue
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

Hi Dan,
I did Week 1, run 1 yesterday. All I can think about is tomorrow so I can go for run 2. I dragged my 14 year old daughter along for the journey. 5.30am starts before work and I get to see the sun rise. Starting to get cool here (but not everyone else's kind of cool, 18C if I'm lucky) which is a nise change from a constant 30+ deg. I've been reading a lot of posts from runners who are up to weeks 7 and 8 to see if people are still as excited to run as when they started, I'm trying to be very consious about pace, don't want to be doomed to fail because I'm jogging too fast and I can't finish. Well so far daughter and I are very excited.
Cheers Katie
rantasam

Post by rantasam »

Hi Sue. Good on you for getting back into it. I know I was speaking to someone at work who ran a marathon over the summer and then developed an injury. She said how quickly you can get out of practice and shape! A gentle reminder to me to keep it up when I get to the end of the programme I think! It's bizarre to me that I'd ever find running enjoyable - but I do! Just starting week 6 and getting a real buzz when a run goes well. Keep it up!

Dan
rantasam

Post by rantasam »

Hi Katie. Well done! I'm almost envious that you're just starting out, stick with it; there's a lot of satisfaction waiting to be had over the next couple of weeks! Wow, I think 30C would about finish me off - it's 5C here and that's plenty for me when I get going. :) I've just started wk6 and I still look forward to my runs and get real a sense of satisfaction from it. I guess that's the beauty if running - so many ways to feel like you're progressing and even just by getting out there and doing it. Keep going!
Dan
pwolf1958

Post by pwolf1958 »

Hi Dan,
Started wk3 run 1 today - it was difficult. Had to walk the last 30 seconds of both 3 minute runs. May have to do that one again next time out. Love the app and love the program. Never thought I would be a runner but now I know (with the help of this program) I will be!
Peter
Nicola1

Post by Nicola1 »

Hi All, I was completing week 7 then went on holiday and fell off the wagon, chest inf post holiday didn't help, anyway 4-5 weeks off running and I've had to start back on week 3, this has taught me how quickly you can get out of shape!!! Got a 10k race end of may, so have started training with a vengeance, currently on week 5 and find myself dreading run 3 all over again, although this time around I know it is do-able :-) onwards and upwards
Good luck all