Started today!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Mrsmc

Started today!

Post by Mrsmc »

My hubby and I started today! We are both really unfit and it wasn't easy but it was fun! We are looking forward to feeling fitter as the weeks go by... Any tips for abs beginners welcome
rantasam

Re: Started today!

Post by rantasam »

Hey. Well done! The hardest bit is starting, so congrats. The main tips I've discovered so far are how much difference a decent pair of properly fitted running shoes makes, and to take the pace nice and slow. Keep up the good work!

Dan
Frankie

Post by Frankie »

I am on Week 3, I was very unfit. The great thing about this app is that you can repeat a week if you won't feel you can't proceed to the next level or if you've had a break.
Go at your own pace and enjoy the rush! I feel much better this week! Good luck! Frankie
Mrsmc

Post by Mrsmc »

Thanks so much 1 more run to go and we will have completed week one! Keeping it up is the important thing for me even if we repeat weeks. My lovely hubby bought me some new earphones and a water bottle so I'm all kitted out! :D
Mrsmc

Post by Mrsmc »

Week one done!!!!!
Nicola1

Post by Nicola1 »

Just stick to the program and it will get you both through. Remember even if you have a bad running day, you would've still done better than sitting on the sofa at home, just enjoy the ride because the highs are worth all the effort x
Mrsmc

Post by Mrsmc »

Thanks Nicola, we have just completed week 2 run 2 and while it was noticeably harder it was just as fun! So far so good xx
Mrsmc

Post by Mrsmc »

Wow today (wk 2 run 2) was hard and its making us nervous about wk 3. Be good to hear how others found it to go from a run of 90 secs to 180! I know it's not long but it will feel like forever!!!
Frankie

Post by Frankie »

Ouf! Week 3 completed, R3 not too hard but boy! Have just done Week 4 R1! First 5 minutes stint nearly finished me off but bizarrely found the second run not too strenuous. Had to stop momentarily for a dog who thought I was playing chasie! Lost my rhythm for a bit, wish people would keep their dog on a lead or at least hold them by the collar when they see someone approaching. Dreading next run, 5 minutes ups the game, may have to repeat till I feel comfortable but really pleased I have even come this far. I am overweight and was totally unfit. I have also eaten healthily and lost weight. It should become easier to run without all the extra weight! I am a 62 female so if I can do it, most people can too! I just wish I had started earlier and not waited till my retirement! I still snowboard and won't return to skiing yet! There's life in the old bird yet! :-) onwards!!
Mrsmc

Post by Mrsmc »

Well done frankie! I've just completed wk3 run2 and I'm amazed at how my stamina is building up, having said that I'm dreading wk 4 already! The idea of running for 5 mins seems impossible but then again so did running at all 3 weeks ago and yet I'm doing it! So pleased I got this app it's perfect for people who don't like running be aide now I'm finding I really enjoy my runs and recovery is much faster xxx