Running WITHOUT dieting?

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Twostroke

Running WITHOUT dieting?

Post by Twostroke »

Hi all:)))
I've been recommended this app by health workers. I did have an eating disorder which I recovered from some years ago. Although much more healthier, I'm back to being 4 stone over weight. I have a very skewed relasionship with food and dieting is not good for me.
I just wondered if I continue to run with this app but make no changes to what I eat, what will happen to me body wise?
I already feel better for running and I'm choosing to not binge eat because of the way running makes me feel.
Diets are the devil IMO so will I notice any differences with just the running?
Best wishes
Jo
Frankie

Re: Running WITHOUT dieting?

Post by Frankie »

You will feel better walking and running and this app is good. You can repeat weeks if you feel you cannot proceed to the next level. I agree with you that diets are evil.
I find the rush you get from exercising helps with food control. Have you tried this instead of the traditional calorie controlled diet? http://thefastdiet.co.uk/ ;) watch the Horizon programme with Dr Moseley first, link below:
http://www.disclose.tv/action/viewvideo ... onger/#DTV
There is a wonderful Facebook page where people are very supportive. Amazing stories!
Good luck with your running! I am on Week 3 and feeling a lot healthier already!
starknut

Post by starknut »

When I ran the program the first time (have done it several times) I definitely noticed after a few weeks that I was starting to look more toned. My weight stayed pretty much the same, but I dropped a few pants sizes and people I hadn't seen in a while definitely noticed a change. Everyone is different, but I expect you'll notice some differences after a few good weeks of running.
Lauraeliza30

Post by Lauraeliza30 »

I am not a fan of diets. I am a fan of eating the right foods, however. If you change nothing about what you eat while doing this app then I think it is safe to say you will notice a weight loss. If a person thinks they can eat more while doing this app then they probably won't see weight loss. A person generally burns 100 calories for every mile they cover, be it if you run or if you walk. When I did the program (I graduated, but still visit the boards) I watched my calories and tried to eat the right foods and not so much of the bad foods. I did lose about 14 pounds and noticed more muscle development. This app isn't the golden weight loss ticket, but it is a great way to get your body toned and leaner. I hope that helps!