Lost my Mojo

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
sharon53

Lost my Mojo

Post by sharon53 »

I have lost my motivation! I went all the way to week six...even the 20 minute run and now I feel like I can't complete even the 10 & 10 run! How do I get my mojo back?
rantasam

Re: Lost my Mojo

Post by rantasam »

Hi. I had that feeling too around the end of 5 / start of 6. For me it was a change of music (I listened to an audio book actually), scaling my pace right back so I was running comfortably and giving myself a bit of a mental kick up the backside.. "think about how far you've got, not how far you have left to run" and all that. Yesterday I went out for one of the 25 min runs, hit a nice rhythm and ended up doing 40 mins straight and 5.5k. It's slow and at the moment I don't care. :) I had an enjoyable run and got a sense of achievement that I'd not felt in a few runs prior to it. Stick with it - it is ups and downs like everything else, but there will be more ups waiting for you just around the corner!