Just started day 1 run 1

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
sroach

Just started day 1 run 1

Post by sroach »

Went for my first run with my daughter. We enjoyed it, but my calfs are aching hopefully they recover for two days time. I guess it's normal.
WysteriaLane

Re: Just started day 1 run 1

Post by WysteriaLane »

Good luck I am a few days behind
Randilee2484

Post by Randilee2484 »

I just finished my first run today while running my right calf started hurting a little bit. I was surprised that I did so well I am pushing 350lbs and thought I would die from lack of air so I put it off for a couple of days, but I did it today and I lived! Got short of breath once or twice but it was not bad at all. I think I really might be able to do this. Good luck to you and your daughter keep posting! :)
Aylalily

Post by Aylalily »

Just did my first day 1 run today. Gosh I'm so unfit, the one minute run always seemed to happen when I was going up hill! I feel real good for doing it now though. Looking forward to Thursdays run.
Randilee2484

Post by Randilee2484 »

Well finished w1r2 and it was a little harder than the first one I think because the humidity is higher today even got a better sweat too. Looking forward to Fridays run then week 1 will be under my belt. Good luck to all you can do it if I can! :D
Randilee2484

Post by Randilee2484 »

Just finished wk 1 and I feel great! I'm not sure if I have lost any lbs or inches but I feel like I have . Starting out this wk at 350lbs amazed that I have finished this wk ! Wk 1 down 8 more to go !!! Keep up the great work everyone ! :P
Randilee2484

Post by Randilee2484 »

Just finished wk 2 and still going strong I felt winded after my 1 1/2 min running but I made it. I have lost 4 Inches all over just from running .
grayharrya

Post by grayharrya »

Hi there, I too just finished week 1 run 1. Very pleased with myself. Had a run track app on my mobile phone while I used Get Running on my Ipod. Ran and walked 1.88 miles in the 28+ minutes. It's been years since I ran, I'm 63 and have been using a stationary bike since Jan 2nd. I'm biking 17 miles in 45 minutes and have lost two stone since Jan 2, but now that weather is getting a little better wanted to try running and 5k / 3 miles is a good goal.
Kimmieabreak

Post by Kimmieabreak »

Finished w1j1 yesterday and felt great doing it! A little sore today but its a great feeling. A little anxious to wait another day to continue so I might run another today! :D
LoveAUTigers

Post by LoveAUTigers »

Grayharrya, I'm curious what other app you are using. I did my first run today. I am also running on a track - my old high school. I'd like to figure out a way to easily track my distance so I can keep track of that progress too any input appreciated!