Newbie - Week 1 run 2

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
marwoo

Newbie - Week 1 run 2

Post by marwoo »

Hiya all,
Well week 1 run 2 over and done with, run 3 is on Sunday. :D

I will be 58 on 2nd June and gave up smoking on Jan 18th this year after 43 years :shock: , I started the gym on the 2nd of April and i go 6 mornings a week and have lost just over 7lbs, then i thought well in for a penny in for a pound so decided I would have a go at running, so got the app and love it. I am running in the gym, not outside yet as I have no-one to run with, but the gym is good for me. So here's to the next 8 weeks and i do hope that my old bones will let me finish the course and be able to run 5k. Will update my progress on here. Mary
NikkiNewy

Re: Newbie - Week 1 run 2

Post by NikkiNewy »

Well done Mary, it sounds like you have made great progress so far! And congratulations on giving up smoking - I'm struggling to quit myself. If you have any tips please do let me know!
Mary935

Re: Newbie - Week 1 run 2

Post by Mary935 »

Hi Mary!!

Another new Mary here, just finished wk 1 run 3 so hopefully we should finish round the same time! Though I reckon I'll be repeating a few weeks! Just trying to get fitter and lose some weight in the process! Lost a fair bit of weight a few years ago through being more active but got lazy and managed to put most of it back on... So getting back on track after shifting a stone again. Be great to check in now and again and hear how you're getting on!