Week 6 - horrible!!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
shep

Week 6 - horrible!!

Post by shep »

Having completed Wk 5 and really surprising myself, thought Wk 6 would be sooo easy! Its proving to be a hard slog.
Just come back from run 2, completed, but now find run 3 is 25 minutes. After completing 20 minutes run last week, I guess I should be able to do this, but week proving to be one of the hardest so far. Any advice or has anyone found this? I will attempt run 3, but have a low expectation. Maybe cause the typical English weather has turned cold and windy, it has made the running harder, I don't know, but I will persevere. :(
Nicola1

Re: Week 6 - horrible!!

Post by Nicola1 »

I also found week 6 hard but it is doable. I slowed my pace right down ( didn't think I could go slower than I was going already!!) and seemed to finish it, gasping like a fish out of water but completed all the same.
I'm sure you'll be fine
starknut

Post by starknut »

A lot of people really struggle with week six, it isn't just you! Stay positive and slow your pace, you'll do fine.
NikkiNewy

Post by NikkiNewy »

I found that it was difficult to go back to having breaks in between runs after cracking the 20 minute run in W5R3. I'm now in W8 and even though the runs are terribly hard in places, I find that I get into a rhythm and in some parts the minutes just disappear.

Remember how you couldn't imagine doing that 20 minutes last week? Remember back a bit further when you couldn't imagine doing 5 minutes? You've done both of those; you just need to put them together this time. You're totally capable of completing this program. Don't stop now - think of how far you've come!
shep

Post by shep »

I did it!! Completed Wk 6 - just amazing. Went out yesterday thinking to myself, I would start the 25 minute run, and give myself rests when it got hard. Just didn't expect to do it!! WAsn't easy but I finished it. It's not the breathing that is hard, its the aching legs. But then I remember I couldn't run one minute 6 weeks ago....
Does anyone suffer with low back pain after running?I don't have back pain whilst running but later on and until the next run it aches across the bottom and sometimes to the side. Just interested..won't stop me running cause its fine when I am acually running.
Thanks for all your support and encouragement - it so helps to know others are going through this too :D
NikkiNewy

Post by NikkiNewy »

HIGH FIVE SHEP! You're well and truly on the home straight now - only three weeks left! All big runs from now on, and you know you can do it. Well done! :D
Norwaygirl

Post by Norwaygirl »

It's really helpful for me to read this thread. Week 6 has so far been though for me. I repeated run 2 today as i didn't manage to complete it friday. However today i managed, will try run 3 on tomorrow and then be back on track with the schedule. Really comforting to see that it's not just me. :-)
Dstemmerich

Post by Dstemmerich »

After reading how hard this week seems to be, I now live in constant fear of it! But the last line of your original post tells me everything there is to know about you, Norwaygirl "but I will persevere". That's the statement of a badass. You got this!!
Norwaygirl

Post by Norwaygirl »

YES finished week 6!! 25 minutes of running. That is a very long time... Can't believe I managed. Thank you Dstemmerich for those encouraging words. Made my day :-)
alienstwin

Post by alienstwin »

I just finished week 6 myself! I was breathing so loud they could hear me a mile away and going very slow. I wanted to give up a thousand times. But I did it!!