Where in the world are you, and where do you run?

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Kimfab

Re: Where in the world are you, and where do you run?

Post by Kimfab »

Hi I'm Kim - I'm live in Seattle! I am on week two - tomorrow was supposed to be day 3 but leaving on an early flight with no chance to walk-run. Is it really bad to run two days in a row? I don't want to stop! My daughter is doing "get running" too in Northern California and we're running together in a 5K in Oct!
Love this app - makes me want to visit the UK!!
Scmailgirl

Post by Scmailgirl »

Hi- I'm Stacy and I'm in Akron, Ohio. I run in a small neighborhood. Or I run on the trail behind my campground where we spend half of our summer. I am starting week 5 and loving it. Stopped running 3 years ago. I am so happy to be getting back on track.
Shavonnedoss

Post by Shavonnedoss »

Hello everyone! I'm Shavonne. I'm in South Carolina USA. I run around my neighborhood. It's convenient and is actually helped me because I know about at each spot how much longer I have. I'm on week eight now. Once I finish I look foward to find a more scenic place to run. Right now I just feel like my first mission is to successfully complete the program. I have my music to keep me occupied. =)

It's nice to read about everyone's location!
kristieshannon

Post by kristieshannon »

I'm Kristie. I live in Kirkland, Washington, USA which is a suburb of Seattle. I have two routes. Sometimes I drive to Greenlake, which has a 5K path around it. Other times I run along Lake Washington Boulevard here in Kirkland, which has great views. I've just finished W1R3, and will start W2R1 tomorrow. I've signed up for a 5K in mid December, so the pressure is on to get this done!
Riley124

Post by Riley124 »

Hi I am from Derry Northern Ireland. Quite a hilly city but I am sticking to flat at the minute.
Juliwyant

Post by Juliwyant »

Hi! I'm Juli and I'm from North Carolina, USA! :D
Metalcharm

Post by Metalcharm »

Hello. I am in the outback of Australia fifty kilometres from the nearest town so the only thing I have to run on is sandy tracks and its pretty flat.

This is my second time going through the app - I finished it a couple years ago but while I kept walking I stopped running. Am on the second week now and am wondering why I ever stopped.
MrsM1983

Post by MrsM1983 »

Hi I'm Geraldine - I'm in Sidcup in the UK and I've just started using the get running app - just completed week 1 run 3 this morning! I'm street running - but as I'm an inquisitive soul I like seeing what houses are for sale in my area! :-) x
NurseDK

Post by NurseDK »

Hi :) I've just taken my first run ever :D

I jogged (at least i tried to) in a beautiful forrest near my house i Denmark :)
LancLass

Post by LancLass »

I live in Staines in the UK and run along the river path by the Thames. Gorgeous on summer evenings - but I have a feeling that in winter the path will be under water! :lol: