Where in the world are you, and where do you run?

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Aylalily

Re: Where in the world are you, and where do you run?

Post by Aylalily »

Hi I'm in South Sydney, Australia. I've just started week 3 and really enjoying exercising after doing nothing for the past few years. I'm actually glad it's starting to get cold here. I really enjoy running in the cooler weather, I actually worry that if it was warm I would struggle more? I'm moving up to Noosa in December so by then I'm Hopi g to be running 10k, does anyone find hotter climates more difficult?
janam

Post by janam »

Sydney Australia! I'm a Canadian girl who is used to walking and living in freezing climates.... and am finding it slightly bizarre that it was when I moved to a super hot country that I decided I wanted to start running. However, there's nothing like that cold 'winter' morning to wake you up and refresh you. I've only just begun and after w1d1 today my legs are sore but it feels amazing! I'm also shocked at the amount of people on the move at 630 am! It's inspiring to see people of all fitness levels getting out there. Makes me look forward to continuing! Can't wait!! :D
pwolf1958

Post by pwolf1958 »

Hi! I am in Prosper, TX which is a suburb of Dallas, Texas! Have a number of different routes through different housing subdivisions. Prosper happens to be one of the few towns in north Texas with hills so I pick my course carefully! When I run has not been an issue but as we enter June through to October temperatures will get into the 90's and 100's (Fahrenheit) so the morning will be the only time to run.
nevada

Post by nevada »

Hi, I'm in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. THere are beautiful paths along the river here but I just started and I run at 5 am so I picked a block that's flat (my neighbourhood has hills) and I just run around the block until I'm done. lol Probably if anyone was up they'd think i was nuts. But it works for me right now. I'm afraid I'll get halfway, far from home, and then can't finish and then have to walk alll the way back. Around the block works for me.
ddayrun

Post by ddayrun »

Old Saybrook, Connecticut. I run by the beautiful Connecticut River. Today I did W5R3 it was awesome. It was pouring rain and hot, I felt like a runner again. I was a runner back in the 70's. Love this app! If I can do it, YOU CAN!
JogDog

Post by JogDog »

California!!!! :lol:
Cantabrigian

Post by Cantabrigian »

Hi all, Andrew in Cambridge UK here. Started week 4 this morning (see comment in the "Week 4" thread). Trying this thing out at the age of nearly 60 after a lifetime of trying to avoid any kind of sporting activity..

I mostly run on Grantchester Meadows (photo in this article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grantchester ) or further down the River Cam starting at Jesus Green - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_Green
craigbaize

Post by craigbaize »

Hey yall what's up I'm Craig and I'm from west texas close to pecos tx. There is not a lot of.....well anything here just a bunch of mesquite bushes and rattlesankes BUT I've got to get in shape tired of being on the big side soooooooo I'm going to need a lot of encourgement from yall ;)
runjustrun

Post by runjustrun »

If there were rattlesnakes here in the UK I'd be running all the time :)
Norwaygirl

Post by Norwaygirl »

I run (well jog...) in Oslo, Norway. Im starting week 8 tomorrow. It's nice and light this time of year so running in the evening is perfect. Not sure how it will be in november, but surely all this running should improve my cross country skiing too, so i might focus on that from nov/dec till april/march. What has become clear to me is that i need those 40 minutes of fresh air 3 times a week both for my physical and mental health, and i really hope i can keep it as part of my routine.