Extremely impressive program!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Virinder

Extremely impressive program!

Post by Virinder »

I am a chiropractor who had gained 45lbs in the past 2 yrs. I went from being active to buying a home getting injured and becoming "too busy" to exercise. I just got an I phone for Christmas and I discovered this app. I never thought I could run, but here I at week 8 and loving it! As a doctor, I am impressed with the gradual increments and how they prevent repetitive strain injuries. I will let you know when I hit week 9! Thanks for the great program and allowing me to share.
benjohn

Re: Extremely impressive program!

Post by benjohn »

Thanks very much for the feedback, Virinder. I'm very happy to hear that you like the program and that it's helping you. It is so easy to get out of shape when life takes over. The same thing happened to me.

It's reassuring to hear that the exercise program makes sense from a medical point of view! The running program that the Get Running application uses is the Cool Running Couch to 5K plan, originally developed by Josh Clark.

I'm certain that many forum members would be delighted to hear any medical advice you've got, so please don't hesitate to give your expert opinion.

Best regards,
Benjohn