Week 1

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Beauti

Week 1

Post by Beauti »

Hi everyone! I am looking for some accountability partners to help make sure I keep moving! Who is in? My main struggle with running is the breathing so I'm trying to practice and get a rhythm!! I want to be fit and drop done pounds!! What are your goals? Happy running!!
kimberlys17

Re: Week 1

Post by kimberlys17 »

Hi there! I am also on week 1 (did run 1&2 so far) and am definitely looking for some help and motivation to keep on track. the weather is not terribly conducive (85 degrees by the time i am running in the evening and terribly humid) but i am determined to be able to run for 30 mins in 9 weeks! my goal is to be able to do a 5k once a month for the last 4 months of the year without stopping to walk. losing some pounds and improving my heart function also are important to me. happy running!!
Beauti

Post by Beauti »

Hi Kimberly I feel you on the temperatures!! Where are you? I am in Va. I go on jog 2 tomorrow. My run days are Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. I do a boot camp on Monday, Wednesday,Friday.
britnilinda

Post by britnilinda »

I don't get time to run recently. But I try to run three days a week.
Tiger13

Post by Tiger13 »

Hi I just joined for week 1 aim to do my first session Monday, could really use some support also with getting started. Goals are to get fitter I used to run before having my 3 children.
Beauti

Post by Beauti »

Checking in: how did everyone do? I made it went from one mike to three miles this week. I am on a mission working on distance and then I will work on increasing my speed. Post updates please
Beauti

Post by Beauti »

Tiger13 you can do it the biggest thing is pick your three days for me Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday are great because it allows me to rest Sunday and Monday. Second commit and third just do it like Nike says lol. I would check out information on breathing and stretching too. Breathing has been hard for me I find counting my steps helps me or doing cadence ike the military.
Tiger13

Post by Tiger13 »

Woo hoo did my first session yesterday, thanks for the advice on breathing and days. My days will be Monday, Wed, Friday. Actually enjoyed it more than I thought, although very early days.....
JaneB

Post by JaneB »

I'm off to buy running shoes tomorrow and then do the first run in the afternoon / evening. Actually feel a bit nervous!

Does the app let you listen to music at the same time?
JogDog

Post by JogDog »

It does! Start your music, start the App and start your run. You'll do great.. Clair keeps track of when to walk and when to jog.