so far so good

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
jerrydeb

so far so good

Post by jerrydeb »

Hi guys and girls I have completed day 2 and
Really enjoying this. past the first 2runs ok. quit smoking last week and has now been 7 days. I hope I remain as motovatied as those that have completed this program. Thank you for reading and feel free to post any hints,tips or anything.
jerrydeb

Re: so far so good

Post by jerrydeb »

Ok so I have completed the first week. A question for ne1. My next run starts Wednesday is it ok if I run on tuesday? I am still not smoking and thinking of going for a cycle on my off days any comments valued about this. Thankyou again for reading.
jerrydeb

Post by jerrydeb »

Started week 2 today a day early just could not wait I'm enjoing this program so much. I am still not smoking and not sure if my lungs have recovered from the years of abuse. I have not lost any wait but I shall weigh myself week 3 or 4 and post it. Thank you to those joining me throughout this challenge.
jerrydeb

Post by jerrydeb »

Week two finished and I'm feeling ok. I had some trouble with breathing today, I put this down to diet and a lack of motivation. Sore calfs from run one through six had a float around the pool and some strechers and seemed to ease the pain. Temp was 32 deg in darwin Australia and I really think I enjoyed the swim far more than the run lol. Still not smoking and still no weight loss visable so shall see after week 3. Best of luck to you all thanks for reading.
benjohn

Post by benjohn »

You are doing something awesome with stopping smoking. Brilliant :-) Well done.

And running in 32 degrees? Rather you than me, brother! Yow – respect!
jerrydeb

Post by jerrydeb »

Hi again week 3 finished. I had very sore legs by the end of today and found the first 3 minute runs a challege on the lungs. I ran up small hills down them and on flat ground. I still feel as though I have still lost no weight I do feel alittle fitter. Still not smoking and really starting to change my diet. Week 4 starting Tuesday can't wait.thanks for reading.
jerrydeb

Post by jerrydeb »

Ok the good news I have finished week 4 and start week 5 tuesday. I havn't lost weight but I feel fit I think my body is getting stronger. No smoking at all, I think I am starting to really breath easier on the runs now. Week 5 starts Tuesday and have the first biggie Saturday, wish me luck. Does ne1 use any supplements for recovery or weight loss that have worked. My legs feel tight,I do stretch after runs.
jerrydeb

Post by jerrydeb »

Week 5 run 3 done. I feel good it wasn't easy at 5mins it was looking like a maybe but pushed on. 5 weeks done and I can run for 20 mins thankyou c25k. I still don't think I have any weight loss. Stil not smoking. Thanks for reading. Good. Luck
siduff

Post by siduff »

jerrydeb wrote:Week 5 run 3 done. I feel good it wasn't easy at 5mins it was looking like a maybe but pushed on. 5 weeks done and I can run for 20 mins thankyou c25k. I still don't think I have any weight loss. Stil not smoking. Thanks for reading. Good. Luck

Well done, i was delighted when i did that run! I knew for the 1st time after that run that could do it, i did doubt myself up till then. I completed the plan 2 days ago and i still find that 1st 5 minutes hard, its seems to be like a virtual pain barrier that once you pass it it doesnt seem too bad. I found though i really didnt start to lose weight till i got to around this point in the plan, i was told by various people that you tone up a bit before you lose weight, but i am losing it now. I also found week 6 a bit scary because after runs 1 & 2 they are all continuous runs, but you have the confidence from that last run to know you can do it.

Good Luck

Simon
jerrydeb

Post by jerrydeb »

Thanks Simon and congrats on finishing. Started week six today and not sure if it was the program or my iPod but I could not play my music. It put me off the run alittle but finished them. Good luck every1 and I'll post again soon.