Week 8

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Sarah

Week 8

Post by Sarah »

:mrgreen: Well I have finished week 8. Really looking forward to finish. Sad that I will not hear Clair though. To all those that are still doing it. Keep going it does become easier.
JogDog

Re: Week 8

Post by JogDog »

Way to go! I do W8 R2 tomorrow. I wish Clair was more talkative, I really like her encouragements. Hard to believe that in one more week I'll be done!
Shavonnedoss

Post by Shavonnedoss »

Today's week 8 run 2 for me! So impressed at myself for keeping committed to it! Congrats to everyone. I feel your joy! To those still going, seriously don't give up! It's enjoyable and boosts self esteem a ton.

Shavonne
Biscuit-Breath

Post by Biscuit-Breath »

Today was my Week 8 Run 2, I did it, but was so tired, as I have just finished working eleven shifts in 10 days without a day off, and I have been running every third day as well!!!!

Luckily, I now have some time off to recover, and enjoy my last Week 8 run before progressing to Week 9, and GRADUATION!!!
bioeking

Post by bioeking »

I wore three months, not bad, want to change a new pair. Free 5.0 v4
shep

Post by shep »

just finished wk 8. Has taken me since April to get here....repeated some weeks, and had 3 weeks away, running in hot humidity!! Still quite pleased with myself for getting this far, especially with a body like mine!!
Measured the distance and it was just 2 miles. How do others match with distance/time? Would be interested to know.
Keep running those of you not quite here yet, it I can do it anyone can!!! :D
Mahnster1

Post by Mahnster1 »

I will also do week 8 run 2 tomorrow. I did cheat a bit in week 7. I got so worried about making 28 in week 8, added 1 min per run in week 7 until I did 28 on w7 r3. And then 30 on w8 r1.

It is amazing after barely making the 3 and five min runs in the early weeks, the first 20 minutes seem to not be a problem and by then it seems a shame to waste the effort by quitting before the prescribed time is up. I plan to go at least 28 an no more than 30 this week, then hopefully 30 all 3 times next week.

At that point, after the program is over, the first goal is to run an entire 5k. I figure the first time i complete it, it will take 35-37 min. Then the goal is 5k in 30 min. C25K week 8 & 9 are not the end, but a beginning. Good luck all.