All done

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Prkwy

Re: All done

Post by Prkwy »

Congratulations Runner! Just starting week 9 and facing it with mixed emotions! Your list is a great motivator! Good luck and enjoy your running!
Runner08

Post by Runner08 »

Another month has passed, i managed all my 6k weekday runs and 7k weekend runs but what a tough month its been.

I feel like this last month had me upto my limit. Ive been so tired and achy after the runs and it just seemed to go on all the way through to the last week when i felt things were easing off and i was starting to feeling some gain for all the effort. ive since upped things again and done a week of 7k with an 8k on sunday, i ran a 7k today and aim to keep running 7k and 8k for the next 3 weeks.

I hope your all doing great and getting out there.
Runner08

Post by Runner08 »

Another month of alternate days of running done, and today was the first of my weekend 9k runs for the comming month, today felt great, earlier in the month not ao much, its been tough with an odd calf injury that has bothered me all day after my runs and into my rest day but has been fine to run on. So this last week ive been stretching more, not more before and after my runs but having a stretch a few times a day every day, it seems to be helping and ive felt much stronger this last week pulling personal bests day after day on my first full week of 8k runs, other than that im enjoying running more and more with each run.

I hope you're all getting out there completing your runs & achieving your goals.
Runner08

Post by Runner08 »

Been a while since i last posted but im still running

In December i managed to reach a distance of 10 k for my weekend run the plan being to just run 10k everyother day as of the new year, however instead i started running the app again with my 12 year old daughter mon/wed/fri and doing a 10k myself on sundays. We're just starting the last weeks 30 min runs and today ran 5k in 29.06 looking back at my own first run of week 9 back in july i had covered 3.9k

A sub 30 min 5k has been a milestone that has eluded me for so long. However that all changed in week 7 when i started to use an app called ismooth run and discovered i could set up a pace to run and the app would guide me to run at that pace instructing me to speed up, slow down or hold steady. It works amazingly well.
Ive also knocked over 3 mins off my 10k pb time and hope in time to get that one down to under an hour.

Anyway I hope everyone has kept up with the running and continue to strive for their goals.