Distance run in 30 minutes

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
JogDog

Distance run in 30 minutes

Post by JogDog »

I have just completed Week 8 and am getting fired up for Week 9. I decided to use a GPS app to see how far I run over the last two 28 minute runs. I only cover 1.5 miles :oops: . At this rate I'll be doing a one hour 5K. I am a little disappointed but I try to remind myself I have never jogged or ran before and am still over weight. I was just wondering how far everyone else in my boat is going? :?
starknut

Re: Distance run in 30 minutes

Post by starknut »

You're doing fine! Honestly, I've been running for three years now and I still take 30 minutes to do 2 miles. :lol: I'm just not built for speed! And that's okay! As long as you're going out there and putting in the effort, it doesn't matter how fast you are.
JogDog

Post by JogDog »

Just finished W9R2 at a park. Great path and lots of shade. 30 minutes and a little over 2 miles ran! Location helps!
:D :lol:
Cantabrigian

Post by Cantabrigian »

My 30-minute runs were pretty consistently around the 2.4 mile mark. Still a way to go to 5km..
Runner08

Post by Runner08 »

Ive been out every other day since graduation and Im pretty consistent with a distance of 4.2k
Cantabrigian

Post by Cantabrigian »

Just pushed myself to do an actual 5k run and did it in 35 minutes :o :D
JogDog

Post by JogDog »

Nice running people! I am more a tortoise than a hare. Just did 3 miles in 36:21. Like Clair says.. slow down if you have to but do not stop running! :)