Week 5, Run 3 - OMG, WTF, Yay

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
verity

Week 5, Run 3 - OMG, WTF, Yay

Post by verity »

Yay, I did it. I had put it off for three days but this morning I ran for 20 minutes continuously. Of course, the hardest thing was the psychological barrier which is all very well in hindsight.... Anyway, I'm dead chuffed. And at the end of the run, I heard Claire in my ipod say, 'now you can call yourself a runner.' I definitely don't call myself a runner - more of a trotter, really. Nevertheless, I did it and feel extremely pleased. Hope you are all having an equally fabulous day. xx
Mogz

Re: Week 5, Run 3 - OMG, WTF, Yay

Post by Mogz »

I too completed that 20 min run and loved Claires comment at the end about being a runner! How do we know she is called claire?
What a brilliant app... And such encouragement... Minimal, non intrusive and effective. Apart from event runs i prefer to run on my own... I struggle and like my own pace and claires encouragement is great. I have agreed to run in a ten k and needed to get going this app was and is great. I did not need the first 2 or 3 weeks but its been so fantastic to be made a runner again. I have run in the past but I had let it slide... Now this has been linked to a weight loss prog which is gonna take at least 6 months. I would love a continuation of this app.
verity

Post by verity »

I have no idea why she is called Claire. Her parents, no doubt, liked the name. The reason I named her as Claire is taken from other people posting on this site that used the same name when referring to the calming voice in the app. Many have said that she sounds Australian or South African, but to my mind her accent stems from UK's the West Country - Gloucester? Exeter?

Anyway, best of luck with your regime. I too am desperate to lose a bit of weight. I gave up smoking in October last year after having been a steady smoker for 31 years. That, and my father suddenly dying, meant I did a lot of comfort eating over the winter and am struggling to shift a pound.

With best wishes
JogDog

Post by JogDog »

HaHa :lol: If you dig around on the main home page you'll see that the woman with the voice goes by one name fame! The one and only Claire!
lankeymarlon

Post by lankeymarlon »

Got mine tomorrow and I'm quite looking forward to it.
JaneB

Post by JaneB »

Shocked to discover that I've got a 20
Min run next time (although strangely the app says that my next run is next Wed!) is it right though that week 6 run 1 goes back to shorter intervals? I'm wondering if my app is all confused!

Jane