Finished! Or have I...?

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Cantabrigian

Finished! Or have I...?

Post by Cantabrigian »

Well, that's strange: I've just finished what I thought was W9R3 (yay me!), but it seems that the run I did on Saturday somehow didn't get registered, so the app thinks I still have to do another run. I was surprised when Claire said "I'll see you next time"... I've been wondering what to do next, so the answer for the moment seems to be - do more of week 9!
verity

Re: Finished! Or have I...?

Post by verity »

well done you for getting so far. and how disappointing for you... or not, depending on how you look at it. I'm on week six, run two now. My plan is to finish the course but then keep running week nine to work on my pace. Congratulations to you, whichever way you see it.
Cantabrigian

Post by Cantabrigian »

Thanks, Verity. I'm still looking forward to hearing what Claire has to say when I "really" finish the course.. I might carry on with W9 for a while, but I'm also thinking about doing one of the easier programmes on the RunKeeper app.

Andrew
JogDog

Post by JogDog »

I'm noticing that W9R1 and W9R2 are not logged either. Well, I'm in no hurry to break up with Clair. :lol:
Lauraeliza30

Post by Lauraeliza30 »

I graduated last year, and am redoing the app because after training for a 10 k (that I ended up walking and running and never finished my full 10 k training) I needed to get back to the basics. I have also been inconsistent due to heat so wanted to start fresh and work on speed. I think for your final finish, you have a couple options, 1. Spend time at the 30 minute mark and build up speed, 2. I find very few people seem to be able to run a full 5k in 30 minutes, so keep building mileage a little each week. or 3. move on to a bridge the 10 k program which I don't think Get Running has put out yet. There are some great apps to help you keep motivated such as my favorite Runmeter and there is also Runkeeper. I use both, at the same time, because sometimes one malfunctions and records the wrong distance which frustrates me.

Oh, and don't be too excited about what coach says at the end of your last run, unless they have updated she doesn't say much of anything. Bummer......
verity

Post by verity »

Many thanks, Lauraeliza30. That's very useful to know. My goal, I guess somewhat unambitiously, is to be able to run for an hour, five days a week - ie, weekdays. I have no real ambition to take part in marathons, half marathons or 10ks, though that may change over time. This morning I did Week Seven, Run One (25 minutes continuously), which I found a lot easier than running Week Six, Run Three (ten minutes run, three minutes walk, ten minutes run). However, this morning I was runnning so slowly that at one point a squirrel overtook me. LOL.
JogDog

Post by JogDog »

LOL. Darn squirrel. He must have been showing off. I'm like you. I'd like to run for 1 hour. I jog with my dogs and most 5Ks are not canine friendly so running 5Ks is not my goal. I would like to be able to run a 5K in a decent time though, with my pups right there with me!