Week 3 - 4 Huuuuge jump

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
artyfartymack

Week 3 - 4 Huuuuge jump

Post by artyfartymack »

I really, really struggled with a 3 minute run and am dreading tomorrow morning going out to do week 4. I really dont think I'm ready.

I'm considering re doing week 3 1st, did anyone else do week 3 twice?
scrappingklo

Re: Week 3 - 4 Huuuuge jump

Post by scrappingklo »

I really struggled at week 3 also, but the jump that was there on Week 4 was better than I though it would be. If you need to slow your pace a little to do it, then that is okay. You can do it.
JaneB

Post by JaneB »

Hey artyfarty, what did you decide to do? I'll be hitting the 3 min run next week and wondering what that will be like so I can empathise with the increase the following week. I would be easy to lose heart if you ask too much of your body so I think that repeating a week sounds like a good plan. Jane
Bushbasher

Post by Bushbasher »

I know I'm coming in a bit late, but I became stuck on the week 4 runs...tried to do the second one twice over but each time I just couldn't make it. I felt I might have been coming down with something so I tried to be kind and laid off the programme for about 6 days. My solution was to get out there today and redo the final week 3 run in preparation. It was still tough...(and I've just been reading about big runs further down the track...eek) but I got there and feel well set up to continue this week. A slight hiccup I hope!