Second attempt...

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
rob_5

Second attempt...

Post by rob_5 »

Hi (again).

I started the program in January but stopped during week 3.
Was finding it really tough and the weather was terrible.

I started again last week and tomorrow I start week 2.
Im determined to go all the way this time and complete the 9 weeks.

Its great reading how everyone is getting on.

Rob
Biscuit-Breath

Re: Second attempt...

Post by Biscuit-Breath »

Hi!

Great to hear you are attempting it again!

Just get out there and have fun!!! The good weather will help motivate you!

Good luck on your C25K journey xx

:D
missyf

Post by missyf »

Hi Rob

Keep going!

I graduated a couple of years ago and was running 5k (very slowly). I sprained my ankle and got out of the habit and never ran again. I'm back on the program and up to week 3. I am definitely not designed for running and I managed it - so you can do it!

You have to keep telling yourself to 'keep going'. I literally do this about once a minute! Think about why you are doing this - the 'keep going' is the end of a very sad story for me, but you might be able to find another phrase to keep you motivated. My friend rows and somewhere on her boat she has a note that says 'what the mind believes the body achieves'. I tell myself that, too! I recently did the Race For Life and at one point I thought I would just give up and walk the rest of the way. There was a man standing on the corner and he looked me right in the eye and said 'keep going love'. I nearly burst into tears - it was just what I needed!

I'm dreading moving on to week 4 because I can't face running 5 minutes, so I'm doing week 3 again. If you keep going I promise I will too!

Marie
rob_5

Post by rob_5 »

Hi Marie.

Wow. A lot of inspiration taken from your post. I never knew how much having the right mentality is needed to run well.
Loved your quote about what the mind believes the body achieves. (Unfortunately my mind is a bit of a non believer) :lol:
Well done on completing your race for life.
Only managed to get out once last week, read your post last night and got up this morning and went straight out.
Completed week 2, run 3. So I start week 3 on Monday

Nice to have someone at the same stage for encouragement. (And moaning)

Thanks again and keep posting.

Rob
rob_5

Post by rob_5 »

Week 3 Run 1

Did week 3 Run 1 today.
Very pleased that I completed it but found it tough. A big step up from 1.5 mins to 3 mins.
My 2nd 3 minute run was very slow ( could get done by trade descriptions for even calling it a run. )
Anyway, I'll see what the rest of the week brings.

Rob