W4R2 harder than W4R2 :-(

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Sugar11

W4R2 harder than W4R2 :-(

Post by Sugar11 »

Found it hard today. Breathing all out, felt sick, got a stitch and my app kept stoping and messing up - annoying. Hope Sunday is better, otherwise I'll have to repeat W4. Disapointed as my previous one was my best yet and I felt like I had improved. :cry:
starknut

Re: W4R2 harder than W4R2 :-(

Post by starknut »

The important thing to remember is that you got out there and did it even though you struggled. You had a goal, and you reached it, difficulty or no.

I had a really awful run on Thursday, just a combo of forgetting to eat a banana before I went out, and forgetting to bring something to drink, and the heat... Maybe I would have had a rough time even with the banana and the water, who knows?
alanmcd

Post by alanmcd »

So? How did W4R3 go?

(I just did W4R1 but not strong, just barely. I could have walked faster than I ran the last 5 minute run..)

So did you live to run another day?
Sugar11

Post by Sugar11 »

Yes I survived and ran another day, and another. I just finished my first 20 min run and it was fine (had to slow down a few times). I'm over the moon and so glad I kept going because I almost gave up - a few times. How are you getting along? It definitely gets easier not harder as you increase time..