Week 8 in the books, onto to the final week!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Prkwy

Week 8 in the books, onto to the final week!

Post by Prkwy »

Wow, finished W8R3 and I am getting myself ready for week 9. Today's run was really fun, nice easy pace, enjoying the run very much. I still haven't had that runners high yet, I guess I am haven't run far enough yet, but today was really enjoyable. Breathing was right, no cramping, legs felt good. It is amazing how far we all have come in the program! Enjoy your run!
Mahnster1

Re: Week 8 in the books, onto to the final week!

Post by Mahnster1 »

I knew you would do it again, your previous post told me you are too driven to let anything bring you down. I am one week ahead of you and finished today. I can honestly tell you that the small 2 minute step up will be barely noticeable. You probably would have done it today if the app had paused and never even noticed. Crown your program off with a great week 9 and start planning your next accomplishment. GREAT JOB!
Prkwy

Post by Prkwy »

Congratulations Mahnster! I am looking forward to completing on one hand but will miss the structure of the program and the nice people on the forum! Do you plan on working on a 10k?
Mahnster1

Post by Mahnster1 »

I do have some follow on goals, one was accomplished much sooner than expected, Of course completing the program was the first goal. The second was to run a full 5K. I expected that to be in October. Well, I ended up in a 5K last Saturday. Was only going to use that as week 8 run 3. Things just kept going and I ended up running the whole thing in 35:50 So the next goal is getting the 5k time to 33, reevaluate, then 30 min. Run Keeper, which I used thru out this program, appears to have some speed increase training programs so that may be a way to go.

Now as far as the community goes, you have a positive attitude, you can come here and encourage others. there is also the graduate forum. On top of that, as they say on the tape, you are a runner now, so there are numerous running forums for mutual support. Good luck next week, you'll do great.