W9R1 completed

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Prkwy

W9R1 completed

Post by Prkwy »

The start of week 9 went well. I played around a bit with my pace today, ran the first 10 minutes at normal pace, the second 10 at a slower than normal pace and the last 10 at a faster than normal pace. I felt great, no pain & breathing was good. I actually ended up covering more distance than normal. I probably won't do that again before the week is over because I wanted to completed the program without any pain or injury and so far that has occurred. For those just starting out who happen to read this post,you will read this countless times, but YOU CAN DO THIS! I am a 52 yr old man who has been inactive 10 years, 6'5" and started out weighing 250 pounds. I am now at 235 and am more active than when I was in college. My goal as I wrote earlier was to complete the program without injury or pain and so far so good. I slowed down when I had to and followed the program. This has been a wonderful change to my health and if you keep putting one foot in front of the other you will succeed! Enjoy your run!
Mahnster1

Re: W9R1 completed

Post by Mahnster1 »

You got me by 3 years, 2.5 inches, but the same weight. As I said, there are folks that need your encouragement and advice to avoid injury. I did dumb little thing after dumb little thing during my program, but nothing big enough to stop. But if someone has any nagging doubts, any one (heel blister, shin splint, foot blister) could have been enough to stop a them. Good Running and only 2 more to go!