W9R3 done! Graduation day!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Prkwy

W9R3 done! Graduation day!

Post by Prkwy »

Well there you go completed the program! I feel great! It's hard to believe the journey started only nine weeks ago. The time really has gone by quickly. I did my last run outside because the weather is fantastic! I want to enjoy it before the snow comes to Maine! Now onto the next chapter my running life. For those of you just starting out or in the middle it can be done! One foot in front if the other, at your pace no matter how fast or slow! The sense of accomplishment is tremendous!! I plan on following the Jeff Galloway plan for half marathon for a race in the spring. I will post on the graduate board in the future to keep updated. Enjoy the journey, enjoy your runs!
Mahnster1

Re: W9R3 done! Graduation day!

Post by Mahnster1 »

EXCELLENT!!! Sounds like your follow on is a little more aggressive than mine. I have managed to carve out 1hr of time on week days, so a 10k is probably the most realistic distance goal while getting the speed down to 1k per 6 min is the most realistic speed goal. But since I could not run more than 3 min 14 weeks ago, no complaints. Good L uok on your goal and see you on this board encouraging others and on the graduate board keeping us posted on your progress.
Prkwy

Post by Prkwy »

Thanks Mahn, good luck on your goals as well! I am aggressive but haven't really signed up for anything. But figured I needed another program for my own discipline. If not, I am afraid I would get caught up in trying to run faster than I should just to keep up with what people expect I will probably just do a 5k and the. 10k, but we'll see. Thank you for your support and encouragement, not only on my post but on others as well. Always positive and constructive. Well done!
Cantabrigian

Post by Cantabrigian »

I'm in the middle of the "sub-65-minute 10k" programme from RunKeeper - a very good app that records your route on a map, shows how your pace varies over the run, and other goodies. The only drawback is the rather stern woman who does the prompts - quite a change from Claire!
Mahnster1

Post by Mahnster1 »

Thanks for the info. I have run keeper and have used it to track much of my C25K activity. Will take a look at some of the programs... I really do need the discipline of a program.

Would love to be back in Cambridge again now that I am running, I generally love East Anglia, at least what I remember from the 90's. Land scape rolls just enough to keep you honest and I am smart enough to only start a run in Ely, never end there!