Defect with iOS7.0.x?

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
alanmcd

Defect with iOS7.0.x?

Post by alanmcd »

I'm not sure if I've started doing something weird or found a problem.

Problem: GetRunning App never prompts to start running (appears to have stopped running).

Environment:
iPhone 5 iOS 7.0.2
Running Apps: Dataman Version 8.0, RunKeeper V4.0.1, (runkeeper starts playlist music), GetRunning 1.10.0
Polar HR7 Bluetooth heart rate sensor

Reproduce:
1) Open RunKeeper, Press Home button, Open GetRunning,
2) Press Home Button, then select Runkeeper, Press "Go Running", Music starts
3) Press Home Button, then select GetRunning, Press "Run Week x (W5R3 and W6R1)"
4) Hear "Begin your warm up...Today we will run ...
5) Press "turn off display button" and put phone in pouch
6) After walking for a long time, realize that Claire should have told me to start running
7) Press "power/display" button, unlock phone, GetRunning is not running, press GetRunning, fast forward till around 50 seconds left in warmup
8) Everything works as expected for the rest of the run.

This behavior has only started in the last three days about the time of the iOS7.0.1 upgrade? Worked fine exactly with this procedure for the prior month.
benjohn

Re: Defect with iOS7.0.x?

Post by benjohn »

Hi,

Yes, this is a bad bug with iOS 7. I'm sorry. I should have caught it before iOS 7.0 became publicly available. Thank you for making sure we know though!

I'm working on a fix right at the moment (once the coffee finishes brewing, anyway). I think it'll be at least a week more before its available, but I hope less than two. Sorry for the problem.

You might like to try completely turning your iPhone off and back on before you next run, this has helped some users, but certain that it won't work for everyone.

Happy running,
Benjohn
benjohn

Post by benjohn »

Update: I sent a fixed version through to Apple for review this morning. It'll be available as soon as they have checked it.

I'm sorry it has taken so long. In the end it required a complete re-write of Get Running's announcements system, but I should have caught this before iOS7 came out.

The update also fixes a number of other iOS 7 glitches (less serious), and fixes the Facebook integration.

Thanks everyone, and happy running,
Benjohn
alanmcd

Post by alanmcd »

Thanks for continuing to support your "baby". Your app is really superb in feature set and user interface.
benjohn

Post by benjohn »

:-) Thank you, I'm sorry I let the baby get ill this time though!

The updates have been approved by Apple and should be available for download now or very shortly.

Thank you, and happy running.
AKR

Post by AKR »

Hi Matt,

i have sett my Get Runnig app to pause audiobook(and music), that i'm listening to while running, when Claire speaks. But it doesn't work. I can hear audiobook playing in the background while Claire is talking. And the same problem with music as well.
I have graduated several months ago, but i use app every time i run anyway :D .
I have iphone 4S and use week 9 program, again and again and again...

best regards,
Aija
benjohn

Post by benjohn »

Hi AKR,

Sorry about this. I'm planning to add back in the pausing in an update soon. I didn't have time to add it to the update 7 fix. Well done finishing the program, and well done with maintaining your new habit :-)