Wk 8 feeling good!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Riley124

Wk 8 feeling good!

Post by Riley124 »

Just ran first run of week 8 and thankfully I really enjoyed it! I hadbeen struggling last week and thought I wouldn't get through it but today was a lovely morning, dog with me and good music and I found the 28 mins not too bad! Just done 2 miles though but don't care about speed or distance. I will do 5 k someday!!
Mahnster1

Re: Wk 8 feeling good!

Post by Mahnster1 »

You are there! 5 more times, then work on speed. 30 min is mental. On that last one on week 9 go a few extra steps Then you know you can do more than 30! AWESOME JOB!
Mahnster1

Post by Mahnster1 »

BTW, you struggled on w6 r3 I commented you would be all over 28 in week 8. TOLD YA SO. Again, way to go!
Bushbasher

Post by Bushbasher »

Hi Riley, I've just finished run 1 week 8, so hello! I was struggling with some nausea just after 15 minutes, but I had just been reading about disable athlete Kurt Fearnley's time in the Chicago marathon, and I tried to focus on that to push me through it. Otherwise feeling pretty good. So are you now finished? How does it feel?
Riley124

Post by Riley124 »

No not finished yet!! Seem to be going backwards. I started week 9 but couldn't do it, struggled at 15 mins then calf got sore and had to stop. Also had a bit of head cold so took week off. Back out today and was dreading it but done 27 mins so I am delighted. If I had left it any longer I don't think I would have. Started again. I seem to need to get out regularly. Giving myself another few runs before trying wk 9 again.
starknut

Post by starknut »

Sometimes (well, a lot of the time, actually) when you get a cold, it takes a little while to get back in the running groove. You may no longer feel sick, but your body is still kind of sluggish. Yesterday I did my first run in over a week, the result of a horribly debilitating cold the whole household caught, and had to stop and walk once. Just keep at it, and you'll be back where you were in no time.