Always doubtful about moving on!!!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
jessicaboykin

Re: Always doubtful about moving on!!!

Post by jessicaboykin »

I moved from week 1 to week 2 today without repeating any of week 1. Ugh. I am embarrassed at how hard it was, but I made it. I just get out of breath so fast. :oops: Like Dawn, I am scared of moving to week 3. Any updates on how it went for you?
KJE76 wrote:On a treadmill you are all to aware of when you have to lower the speed and that is very disheartening. Any thoughts on this?
Couldn't agree more. Running on the treadmill makes me feel like I am running twice as long.
Dawn

Re: Always doubtful about moving on!!!

Post by Dawn »

jessicaboykin wrote:I moved from week 1 to week 2 today without repeating any of week 1. Ugh. I am embarrassed at how hard it was, but I made it. I just get out of breath so fast. :oops: Like Dawn, I am scared of moving to week 3. Any updates on how it went for you?
Hi There....

I took the advice - because I feel like my last runs could go on forever but i struggle to start !! (well maybe not forever...)

.....so I do two or three one min runs and one min walks (depending on how I feel) to start with then I do the program as is and it's fine. I also took a little advice from the C25K website which suggested finishing each weeks last run by completing the length of run for the week to come so that you have confidence to move on. I guess this will only work if you feel like me though......

I would say each week I have been worried about moving on - but i have done and it's been ok - but i wouldn't worry about repeating a week either

Let us know how you get on :)

Dawn