W8 R3 Why isn't it getting easier!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Sugar11

W8 R3 Why isn't it getting easier!

Post by Sugar11 »

Hi I'm really struggling now. I did W8R1 ok - just but the next 2 have been really tough and I've had to stop a few minutes early or during the run to catch my breath. I've tried slowing down but it's still really hard. Anyone else experienced this 'wall', its really frustrating!
Riley124

Re: W8 R3 Why isn't it getting easier!

Post by Riley124 »

Sugar

Keep at it. I have just finished wk 9 and at times felt this running crack wasn't for me. It is hard but nothing worthwhile is easy. I am running 30 mins 2pr 3 times a week and every time I start I think I won't be able to finish but after the first 5 mins it settles down keep reminding yourself that you have done so well. Just getting out there is an amazing achievement for me, don't know about you. The feeling of finishing your run is great! Keep going you will do it!!
Mahnster1

Re: W8 R3 Why isn't it getting easier!

Post by Mahnster1 »

The upside is you are into the easy to track portion. What I mean by that is you warm up 5 min, run, then cool down 5 min. So do that. Warm up, run as long as you can, cool down. I say this because you say you are close. Could you do what you do now when you started? Probably a resounding no! That means you are doing awesome! Running is not a one size fits all activity, maybe it takes an extra week to master week 8. You are running well over 20 min without stopping. If you are stuck for a while, that is ok. Hang in there just a few more minutes!