running with a stroller?

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
hollymallory

running with a stroller?

Post by hollymallory »

hi! anyone else running while pushing a single jogging stroller? i'm just finishing week 4 and i'm finding it really difficult to push the stroller (with 28lb baby in it) during the runs! anyone else in my situation or can offer any feedback? thanks!
benjohn

Re: running with a stroller?

Post by benjohn »

Wow! That's lots of baby to push – I'm not surprised you're struggling!

I don't really know anything about this at all :-) I know you can get special "running" buggies though – are you using one of those? I think they have bigger wheels.

If you've just started running with your baby, I'd definitely expect you to find it a lot harder. If you've been going from the beginning and now you're finding it is hard, don't be afraid to lower your pace. Even if you think you are going slowly already, pushing a buggy has to be a big extra effort, so you've got plenty of excuse :-)

Another thought: if you know some other parents, maybe you could run together and look after each other's children while the other runs? I've heard of clubs like this around here in London, so it does happen!

Well done doing as well as you are!
Benjohn
Nud

Post by Nud »

Finishing week four?!?! With a stroller?!?! You are simply awesome!
violabird

Post by violabird »

Amazing! I've tried running whilst pushing my 2 year old son and can't manage more than a few minutes, despite his calls of 'faster mummy!' I'm just getting back into it after getting to the last week a few months ago then injuring myself, but even when I could run the 30 mins there was no way I could run even 5 minutes with the pushchair as well. If you can keep it up you'll be super fit, good luck!