Forum Spam

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
matt

Forum Spam

Post by matt »

My apologies for this week's influx of spam on the forums.

There's been a sharp increase in spam recently, according to our anti-spam provider, Akismet, and that coincided with me heading off to spend much of last weekend in a cellar in Cornwall at a beer festival, which isn't entirely conducive to spam-fighting :)

Luckily our automated spam-fighting system caught most of it (you should *see* the amount of "hey, I stopped this post because it looked dodgy" emails I got from it while I was away...) Sadly some will always slip through.

Things should be getting back to normal now. I've stopped new registrations by spammy users, and this week I'll be gradually squashing the remainder of the spammers who managed to register over the weekend.

Thanks for your patience, and thanks especially to our lovely forum regulars who've been reporting the suspicious stuff :)

Matt
Matt. Splendid Things web guy and Android developer. Started running with Get Running in 2009. Three 10Ks and six half-marathons done since then :)