Any uk runners out there?

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Frenchbeanuk

Any uk runners out there?

Post by Frenchbeanuk »

Hello all. I am currently on week 2 run 3 of the programme and so far so good. I have registered to run a 5k "Pretty Muddy" Race for Life in June and my target is to complete it without needing to walk.

Just seeing who else is out there and how people are getting on...I am from near Manchester and am 42 and a complete novice runner. Looking forward to getting to know some people on here.
ScrappyAlice

Re: Any uk runners out there?

Post by ScrappyAlice »

Hi there, I'm living near Bournemouth and just on week 1, having done 2/3! Really enjoying it so far, 43 n new to running too. So far so good, I look forward to my next run so it can't be too bad! :)
lesgastonjohnston

Post by lesgastonjohnston »

Hi,
Yes i am a complete novice as well and have just started to use the Get Running App Week 1 Run 1. Just started this morning, i am from the Buckinghamshire area. I am doing the Red Bull Wings for Life race in Cambridge in May and looking to go as far as possible, but i would be happy to do just the 5K and any further would be a bonus. Well done to you both so far.
Westy

Post by Westy »

I am too! Just started with the app so hoping it's going to be all good for me too! Would love to do a 5k at some point, but currently my aim is to feel fitter in myself
Yorkshiredebs

Post by Yorkshiredebs »

Hello! I've just finished 3 of week 1 - very red face still but feeling motivated! I'm in Reeth, North Yorkshire and also signing up with some work colleagues to do the Pretty Muddy 5k Race for Life in July. Slightly nervous but I'm 55 and never run anything in my life. I feel like I'm ticking a few boxes on my bucket list - actually run, attempt an assault course and run a 5k race with a group of friends for a worthy cause. Keeps me going when I'm struggling after the 3rd "run" and she says you've only 5 runs left to do!!!

Good luck everyone!
Gemma1982

Post by Gemma1982 »

Hello I'm Gemma
From Cheshire just started and this week finished week one. Anyone still running ? Iv started a vlog on YouTube to hopefully encourage me to run every week as I will have to make a video xx