Chicago Marathon BIG GOAL

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Starter1

Chicago Marathon BIG GOAL

Post by Starter1 »

I am a new runner I will be running week 6 run 2 November 4, 2010 I never thought I could be a runner but to be honest never tried. 49 years old Have some medical issues one is overweight lost 25 pounds so far !! Cut my meals in half eating alot less red meat and alot more veggies .Wow I can actually sit with my legs crossed and be comfortable..
This has not been the easiest thing to accomplish but when I finished that 20 minute run I felt like I had a new lease on life it totally rocked my world!!!!!
Well my goal is to run the Chicago marathon in October of 2011, I will have to lose another 30 0r 40 pounds along with alot of training. Everyone that I have spoken that has marathon experience said it is possible. Most of the pains I have felt have been do to not stretching enough, not doing the right stretches before or after a run. very very important. checkout you tube they have alot of stretching videos.

Who wants to join me !!!!! signup for the Marathon is in January.
(26 miles) they give you 6 hours to complete it, You don't have to run the whole thing