Nutritional advice! :-)

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
MrsM1983

Nutritional advice! :-)

Post by MrsM1983 »

Hi, I'm Geraldine and I'm completely new to this running malarkey! I'm very excited that I've just completed week 1 run 3 yesterday morning.

I've taken up running more to help with my mental fitness, that it helps physical fitness and well being is an additional plus, as I have two young children (2years and 4years) and suffer with a general anxiety disorder - and since doing regular exercise (started with walking) it has really helped improve my mood! Those 3 runs a week are 'me time' - the sunshine at the moment is great mood enhancer too!

The advice I am after is nutritional - I am not running to lose weight - I'd either like to stay at the weight I am or ideally gain some weight - could people suggestion what is good to eat as a runner - I've got in dried fruit and nuts for snacking - what do people eat for lunch and dinner? Healthy - quick and easy recipes are what I desire - it's no good telling me "have this much protein" and "this much carbs" etc - it doesn't mean anything to me! - I need someone to tell me what to eat! Please! It's much appreciated!!! :-D

I hope to keep this running up - so want to ensure I fuel my body efficiently! Thank you! :-) xxx