Week 5 run 3

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
kashers

Week 5 run 3

Post by kashers »

Can anyone answer a quick questin about week 5 run 3. Is it really 20 minutes. That is a jump from 8 minutes to 20 minutes. I think there is a mistake. Can somebody clarify. Many thanks
matt

Re: Week 5 run 3

Post by matt »

Hi kashers,

Lots of people look at Week 5 and wonder whether there's a mistake! Nope, there's no mistake. At that point, we really think you can run 20 minutes without a break. It's a bit of a leap of faith, I know, but a lot of people do make the jump more easily than they were expecting.

And don't forget there's no problem if you can't -- it's absolutely fine to repeat weeks in the C25K programme until you're happy with them, or going back a week to build up more stamina. (If you want to do this in Get Running, tap on the week you want to return to in the "Progress Path" at the bottom of the screen -- it'll highlight in blue -- before you run.)

Good luck! Let us know how you get on :)

Matt
Matt. Splendid Things web guy and Android developer. Started running with Get Running in 2009. Three 10Ks and six half-marathons done since then :)
kashers

Re: Week 5 run 3

Post by kashers »

Thanks matt. Just spoken to my friend who recommended this app and she said she surprised herself completing the 20 minutes run in week 5. She now is doing a 10k brutal run thriugh mud rivers etc in a few weeks! I am psyching myself up for it but currently on week 4 run 2. I am going to make sure I get a good route and good play list. Great app by the way. I couldn't even run a minute when I started and now can run 5 minutes which I am very proud of. Love it as well and even want to run on rest days. Thanks for the response.