First Run

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Fragglerock

Re: First Run

Post by Fragglerock »

I go out for walks on the off days and have found this has helped. However I don't do it every day. I have Friday and Saturday off.

I am in the process of using g-map to try and plot out a couple of 5K routes around me. My aim being that I walk this on my off days and use the route when I am doing the programme. Although I am not even thinking of doing any races (yet!) to know I could possibly be running a 5k soon quite inspires me.

I quite like the idea of doing a bit of yoga / Pilates so may investigate this.

Happy running :)
Tinydancer83

Post by Tinydancer83 »

Thanks for all the tips! It's keeping me motivated! I ran again tonight, it was the start of week 2 so I thought I may struggle. I found it easier than I expected! I'm really pleased, enjoying the plan and the forum :D
Fragglerock

Post by Fragglerock »

Congrats and stick with it - I found week 2 excruciating on the first run. I finished them but gawd "wee red tomato" by the end!!!!!

Happy running and keep posting - I like to see how everyone is getting on.
Tinydancer83

Post by Tinydancer83 »

I really need to dig out a yoga DVD, I promised myself I would walk for 30 mins tonight but was so tired after work so just slumped on sofa

Run 2 of week 2 tomorrow! I'm looking forward to it (I'm sure this the the first time I've ever said that about exercise!)

Fragglerock- totally know what you mean there. I couldn't believe how red my face was. I had a little giggle when I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror- :lol:

Todd- that's amazing! Now you have the running bug I'm sure you'll be where you want to be in no time at all :) especially with extra cardio on rest days!
Todd H

Post by Todd H »

Thanks. After I'm done with the program I'm going to start adding 5 minutes a week to my runs until I get to an hour a run three times a week. Then it'll be time to work on speed. I have a feeling by the end of the year, barring any injuries, I should be at my weight goal.