New girl on the block

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Fragglerock

New girl on the block

Post by Fragglerock »

Well after my very first run on Sunday and feeling like the world was my oyster, got home tonight and was guilted into going out. I was so near on giving it all up so quickly. Other half practically forced me out the door and I am so glad that I went.

I changed my direction tonight and went into the park - glorious weather and I actually started on focussing on my surroundings whilst running rather than focussing on the voice telling me I can walk again!!! And once again I am looking forward to my next day out.

Really need to get a note on what stretches to do as I was tad sore on Monday - any one point me in the right direction?

Onwards and upwards :D
ColinD69

Re: New girl on the block

Post by ColinD69 »

Hiya and welcome to the joys of running!!

There is a little app called Stretch Guru:run which guides you through a series of common after run stretches. It's not bad and does the job! Good luck and keep on smiling even when it gets tough!! :)
Fragglerock

Post by Fragglerock »

Many thanks for this - downloaded and used tonight. A great little app.
ColinD69

Post by ColinD69 »

No problem, glad it helped! Now if only the weather was nice for the Glasgow fair weekend was decent, I could get out for a run!
Fragglerock

Post by Fragglerock »

Well week 2 run 1 in the bag. Struggled today - thought I would try and beat the midday sun ( yes we have sun in Scotland lol) but it was hot. I was like a wee red tomato by the time j had finished but I managed them all ...... Just!
Todd H

Post by Todd H »

Good job! Don't worry it gets easier.
ColinD69

Post by ColinD69 »

People just don't appreciate what it is like for us Scots having to run in the heat!! Haha I was out about 11am yesterday and it was a tough slog! Well done and keep on running!!
Todd H

Post by Todd H »

ColinD69 wrote:People just don't appreciate what it is like for us Scots having to run in the heat!! Haha I was out about 11am yesterday and it was a tough slog! Well done and keep on running!!
Trust me I can appreciate it. I live in the state of Georgia here in the U.S. and summers are unbearably humid. I've been running around 5:45 AM and even then it's still humid.
Fragglerock

Post by Fragglerock »

@colin - LOL us scots are just not used to that red ball in the sky!!!!

Well that's week two done and dusted. Roll on week three.....eeeek I never thought I would be saying that!
ColinD69

Post by ColinD69 »

Sounds like someone has caught the running bug!!!!!