Ran 6k tonight!!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
ColinD69

Ran 6k tonight!!

Post by ColinD69 »

In perparation for the Great Scottish 10k Run, I ran 6k! So stupidly proud of myself!! BUT, legs are already feeling stiff and aching even after stretching them out! I get the feeling I'm gonna pay tomorrow when I wake up. Hahaha Ah well, no pain blah blah etc. Happy Runnings to everyone :)
Fragglerock

Re: Ran 6k tonight!!

Post by Fragglerock »

Well done. I am always in awe of people that run these kind of distances. Can I ask whether you have used another programme to build it up or are you " going it alone"

Also how long did you wait until you entered a race. Everyone has been saying to me to enter a fun race (5k) to keep me motivated but I'm doing ok at the moment but there will undoubtedly come a time when it's going to be tough.

So many questions sorry!
ColinD69

Post by ColinD69 »

Fragglerock wrote:Well done. I am always in awe of people that run these kind of distances. Can I ask whether you have used another programme to build it up or are you " going it alone"

Also how long did you wait until you entered a race. Everyone has been saying to me to enter a fun race (5k) to keep me motivated but I'm doing ok at the moment but there will undoubtedly come a time when it's going to be tough.

So many questions sorry!
Hiya Fraggle!

No need to apologise for questions! Thanks!! It was actually fun to run 6k, I actually felt like a runner!! Haha :) I didn't actually use any other app or anything once I finished Get Running. I figured that if I could run 5k then all I needed to do was to continue running three times per week but just keep adding on half a k each week until I get to the 10k.

I actually entered the Great Scottish Run the same day that I finished Get Running. Finishing this course was my motivation and I wanted another goal to focus on and ensure I kept dragging my arse out of bed in the morning to run before work!! Haha You sound like you are really enjoying it!! :) We should try and start up a Scottish Get Running group!!
Fragglerock

Post by Fragglerock »

Thanks for that. I have to say that finishing the programme is motivating me at the moment. I know I am only three weeks in but I am feeling great knowing that I am pushing myself every time I am going out and I am not challenging anyone but myself. I will focus on this just now.

Are there anymore scottish peepe on here - I've had a look cannae find anyone!
ColinD69

Post by ColinD69 »

I seriously hope we are not the only Scots on here Fraggle. That would be a poor show!!! Surely, there must be a few more of us somewhere?!?!

You are right, the best thing about running (health benefits aside) is it is just you against yourself!! The sheer joy of managing to push yourself that little bit farther and realising you are managing it and not laying on the pavement dying!! haha!! :)
Todd H

Post by Todd H »

I'm half Scot born and raised in U.S. Does that count? ;)
ColinD69

Post by ColinD69 »

Hi Todd,

Sounds good to me! Haha Welcome aboard!
LordOberon

Post by LordOberon »

That's awesome. Must be a great feeling ... enough to ignore the way your body felt then and for a day afterwards!

Keep on.
ColinD69

Post by ColinD69 »

LordOberon wrote:That's awesome. Must be a great feeling ... enough to ignore the way your body felt then and for a day afterwards!

Keep on.
Thanks!! It did feel good and thankfully the pain only lasted a day or so!! Hope you are doing great!!
LordOberon

Post by LordOberon »

Starting Week 8 tomorrow and looking forward to it!

:D