Week 6 Run 3 Hates Me

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
tracylacey73

Week 6 Run 3 Hates Me

Post by tracylacey73 »

Need some good mojo sent my way. Tonight I'll attempt week 6 run 3 for the 4th time :oops: I took a month off after w6r2, then re-ran run 2 with no problem, but run 3 has been extremely difficult for me!

I'll keep you posted. Best of luck to the rest of you!
ColinD69

Re: Week 6 Run 3 Hates Me

Post by ColinD69 »

Hi Tracy,

Some weeks just seem harder than others! Trust me, if you can jump from the 8 minutes to 20 minutes in week 5, then you can TOTALLY do the 25 minute run!! Just take it slow and easy and you will be fine!! Sending you good mojo!!!

Colin
tracylacey73

Post by tracylacey73 »

I did it!!! Tonight, actually, instead of last night. Last night I was literally getting out of the car at the park when one of the kids became ill and I had to return home. So tonight, I got out there and slowed when I thought it was impossible to continue. And at times, I was sllloooooowwwww. Thanks Colin, your encouragement must have done the trick. And it also helped that I got two waves, a thumbs up, and even a "Good job!" from other runners on the trail. In retrospect, I must have really looked like I was struggling! But I don't care, because I feel great!!

Bring on the last three weeks!
Tracy
:mrgreen:
LordOberon

Post by LordOberon »

Well done, Tracy.

The secret is to slow down when the going gets tough (although I don't have much room to slow down as I start slow enough, anyway!)

Keep on. YOU CAN DO IT! :D