I havent run for 1 week :(

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Tinydancer83

I havent run for 1 week :(

Post by Tinydancer83 »

Ive had a really bad week and haven't been able to run. My last run was 31st July - I had just completed week 2, run 2.

Any advice on which run I should do today? Should I try week 2 run 3 or should I go back a few steps?

Thanks
matt

Re: I havent run for 1 week :(

Post by matt »

I'd probably back off a touch. There's nothing wrong with doing that, and it'll be a lot easier to get back into it if your first run feels a little too easy rather than too hard. But trust your instincts, and let us know how you get on!

Matt
Matt. Splendid Things web guy and Android developer. Started running with Get Running in 2009. Three 10Ks and six half-marathons done since then :)
Tinydancer83

Post by Tinydancer83 »

Hi Matt. Ive just come back from my run! I decided to bite the bullet - got for week 2 run 3 and see how I got on.

I managed it all without doing myself a mischief :lol: I'm sweaty and my legs are tired but I'm really pleased! I'm re-motivated again and looking forward to sticking to the plan :D
matt

Post by matt »

That's great to hear! Nice one :D
Matt. Splendid Things web guy and Android developer. Started running with Get Running in 2009. Three 10Ks and six half-marathons done since then :)
LordOberon

Post by LordOberon »

Well done. Business as usual.
tracylacey73

Post by tracylacey73 »

Way to go, Tiny Dancer! After just a week, I will usually try the next run, too. If it's been longer, and is a run I am dreading, I may go back. Just took me four tries on week 6 run 3! And haven't run since Tuesday because of all the back to school appointments, orientations, shopping, etc. But mostly, just not making it a priority.

Congrats and keep on running!
Tracy
Tinydancer83

Post by Tinydancer83 »

Thanks guys!

Today I did week 3 run 1. Wow, I can tell its going to start ramping up quickly from here! It was a little tough but I managed it - I'm very proud of myself :)

Hope everyone else is doing well!
LancLass

Post by LancLass »

Well done Tinydancer - you should feel very proud!

I missed over 2 weeks after week 7 run 1 due to work commitments and other stuff. I decided to go straight back and do week 7, run 2 but taking it 5 minutes at a time and stopping if it felt too much. If I did stop, I'd go back a few weeks and build up again. Anyway, I did the full 25 minutes and felt really proud of myself too! :D
Tinydancer83

Post by Tinydancer83 »

Yeay! Well done LancLass! :)