Week 5 run 3

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Helenprosser

Week 5 run 3

Post by Helenprosser »

I'm doing ok up to this point - however 20 minutes running without walking is really scarring me. What is this all about ??
The next run is 8, 10 and 8 which sound more reasonable - help!!
matt

Re: Week 5 run 3

Post by matt »

Yup, this is often a scary point in the C25K plan, but most people seem to make their way through it. Slow down a little from your shorter runs, if you can, and keep the pace steady, and you'll likely surprise yourself...

Cheers,

Matt
Matt. Splendid Things web guy and Android developer. Started running with Get Running in 2009. Three 10Ks and six half-marathons done since then :)
ColinD69

Post by ColinD69 »

Hiya,

I think it scares most people, but if you take it as a slow easy run you will be surprised that once you get into your groove, it's actually not as bad as you think!! You kinda just have to trust that all the run / walks up to now HAVE actually got you ready to run 20 minutes physically! :) It's more just about getting through it from a mental viewpoint. Having done it, believe me, you can get through it!! I actually jogged around my living room for 20 minutes prior to doing the run! Lol Let us know how you get on. Good luck!! :)
Helenprosser

Post by Helenprosser »

Thanks for your support guys - I'm going to give it a try after work
Helenprosser

Post by Helenprosser »

I did it
I'm so amazed at myself I can't believe. It has boosted my confidence hugely !
Couldn't have done it without the support

Thanks guys
matt

Post by matt »

Brilliant! Well done; the rest of the plan should be plain sailing from here :D
Matt. Splendid Things web guy and Android developer. Started running with Get Running in 2009. Three 10Ks and six half-marathons done since then :)
Todd H

Post by Todd H »

Good job! Everybody seems scared of the first twenty minute run but they soon find out it isn't that bad.
LancLass

Post by LancLass »

Well done! This run sure scared the heck out of me but I managed it and am just about to start the final week. It's great to look back to where you started and see how far you've come. :)
Tinydancer83

Post by Tinydancer83 »

Well done! I am just a few runs behind you and if I'm honest, I re-ran week 4 run 3 on Tuesday as I was scared of how quickly week 5 ramps up.

I'm going to run week 5 run 1 tonight!
LancLass

Post by LancLass »

Good Luck Tinydancer83! You can do it! :P